Always dreamt about working in active tourism in Italy? Check out these job opportunities!
Genius Loci Travel is a leading adventure tour operator in Italy – active since 2001 and growing ever since. Most of our trips are walking & hiking tours, but also our range of biking tours, sea kayak adventures and ‘special interest tours’ is growing fast.
We are always looking for new and exciting talent, both at our home office (in Salerno/Amalfi Coast) as well as ‘in the field’ (all over Italy!)- either helping people find and book their dream vacation, or actually being the one to lead them through our beautiful country.
Take a look at the current openings to see if we have the right fit for you!
For the -very good- 2018-season we are actually looking for:
- an administrative assistant (either part-time or full-time), to assist our booking department.
- a social media manager (preferably bi-lingual, mother-tongue English), to manage our Facebook-pages, Pinterest, Instagram and Twitter-account (making #GeniusItaly great again!).
- a (part-time) documentarist/cartographer, co-responsible for the extensive information, our famed Route Notes & Maps, which we provide to our clients on self-guided tours.
- Route Note Managers / walk writers (free-lance position) for different areas in Italy (please contact us to see where we need people currently), both in English, as well as in German.
Also are we continuously looking for capable, prepared & fun tour leaders, for several of our small group adventures for our walking, cycling and kayaking tours, in several regions of Italy. More info below.
Ready for a challenge?… Love to hike & bike in nature?… Like working with people?
Become a tour leader with Genius Loci Travel !
All our group tours, our ‘small group adventures’ (max. 12-15 pax) are led by our, mostly local, Tour Leaders.
As a Tour Leader, your goal is to help provide a fun, safe and unforgettable experience for our guests. Different guests travel with us for different reasons which means that one of your tasks is it explore each guest’s desires, and try to help them achieve those goals. You must display compassion and patience at all times, employ a good sense of humour and be passionate for people, travel and the outdoors.
Being a professional Tour Leader is not an easy job. A tour leader must be a master problem solver, public speaker, an expert on the area he/she guides in, both from a environmental as well as from a historical point of views, and, last-but-not-least, a good organiser. Our tour leaders are our ‘biglietto da visita’, both towards the clients, as well as towards our service providers, hotels and others.
Our Tour Leaders come from myriad of professional backgrounds, but have a few things in common: a great knowledge of the area they work, the ability to “connect” with each and every guest and the desire to facilitate the most unforgettable experience for each guest, time after time.
To become Genius Loci Travel Tour Leader, you must have the following qualifications:
- Minimum 25 years of age
- Fluent in Italian and English (French and/or German for some tours)
- In good physical shape
- Completed first aid training (BLS/BLSD)
- Profound knowledge of the area
- Demonstrated leadership and organisational skills
Although the reason for applying for this job should not primarily be the money, a Tour Leader with Genius Loci Travel gets paid well! Moreover, whilst on tour, leaders tend to spend very little. Meals and accommodation are provided as they are for the group.
N.B. Für die kommende Herbstsaison benötigen wir auch deutschsprachigen Wanderführer.
To apply for a job with us, please send your CV by mail (firstname.lastname@example.org), with a small presentation and your motivations to come and work with us.
Contact us as soon as possible. Perhaps you can turn your passion for travel into a real job!
N.B. To apply for a job as a tour leader, please have a look at the tours we offer and let us know your area of interest.
CAREER OPPORTUNITIES WITH GENIUS LOCI TRAVEL – JOBS WITH A PASSION !!!